*The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Run Up.

I've been waiting for sixteen months. And my departure date has almost arrived! When I didn't take a solid job, like the ones that the UM Med school was offering straight out of school because I didn't want to have to break a serious commitment, I knew I was taking a risk. When I took my savings and traveled for six months, I hoped that I wouldn't regret it. To sit here, a week from departure, after not having lived more than two months in any one place for the last year, knowing that I will be living in one community in Panama for the next two years is a bit intimidating.

As they say: Ships are safest in port... but that's not what ships are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment