*The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Too much to tell... lets start with the most intimate. lol

Primero, Entes de todo, gracias por visitar a mi pagina web. Hace tiempo que no escribo en esta vaina y le agradezgo por su paciencia.

Bueno - Holla to all of you who's down in Whoville for christmas!

It has been so long that i havnt written a post on here that I hardly know where to begin.

I have been in site five months and have just given myself count (realized) that ive now lived consecutively in Esquiguita longer than i have lived anywhere else since I had 18 years.. So that's cool. Go me.

I have a good working relationship with a number of people in the area and we are set to really start moving forward on a number of projects. We just finished a series of extension meetings with the entire town and are set to begin a recycling program on the 22nd of January, and set priorities for the coming year on the 21st.

Yo pase la navidad a mi sitio con mi gente tranquilamente. Hice gnochi y prepare un pavo con la ayuda de mis vicinos y unos amigos. Fue bien priti. I was not offended when they tried the gnochi in garlic butter and paresan sauce and said... "you know what would make this better... white rice..." and then proceeded to heap white rice on top of their gnochi. A little more exposure and i hope they could learn to appreciate good cooking.

Nonni are coming in early february so I am really excited about that! My computer shot craps because id been using my flashdrive at internet cafes without a condom (sombody should really develop such a device). So im in the city trying to get it back. Mayb ill enjoy a hot shower tonight. Who knows. Ill see if theres time. Im definetly picking up some new shoes lol.

Christmas is a time for family and for remembering those closest to you. If somebody is close to you... do you really have to wait until christmas to remember them? Just a thought.

So i hope to be going to bocas del toro for new years to pass is witht he bocas crew. So that will be sick I hope.

I recently attended a Novena for Patronales. Nine days at church is good for the soul. And the social reputation. The novena was followed by a two day party that featured bull riding, dancing, live music, a dj, cantadera contest (think rap battling to tipico) and a hell of a lot of straight liquor on ice. All in all a good time was had by the majority.

I load photos soon.... when i get my camera back.... and have internet.

Hasta la proxima! ...La cual debe ser pronta!

1 comment:

  1. First, I'm glad to see I'm still in the profile picture for the blog from that first winter out. It's amazing the amount of time that has gone by.

    Second, it's too bad the locals can't appreciate good gnocchi for what it is. Oh well, at least they tried.

    I can't wait to see pictures of the Novena. That sounds like it was really fun.

    In St.Louis news, in a few minutes we find out if the Cardinals are going to the World Series. Highly likely yes since we're up 12-6 in the 9th inning right now and we're winning the games 3-2.

    In DC news, Obama is trying to pass another jobs bill. Also there's a national movement with no particular message other than being loud called Occupy Wall St. It's grown to Italy, but they're causing riots.

    In Miami news, I met with Dr.Shalala and gave her an update on you. She's happy to hear about your time and she says Hello and hopes you are doing well.

    Keep up the good work sir. I'll ttys.

    ReplyDelete